Saturday, December 26, 2009

Aren't there rules about starting rants and raves. Can someone tell me about the community guidelines?

All the drama...isn't this against the rules?Aren't there rules about starting rants and raves. Can someone tell me about the community guidelines?
Oh poor Ashley. You will realize soon enough that Y.A is insane.Aren't there rules about starting rants and raves. Can someone tell me about the community guidelines?
Not every rant gets flagged and not every mis-categorized questions gets removed. It's up to the community which has its benefits and drawbacks. There are some vicious people on here who just report your question for the fun of it or because they have something personal against you for some reason.





The link and this excerpt should help some:





What does it mean when you say we have to follow the question-and-answer format?


Email this page Print this page Display in new Window








We ask that community members follow the question-and-answer format because Yahoo! Answers is a question-and-answer community. This means when you post a question, it must be written in the form of a question. When you post an answer, it must attempt to answer the question being asked.


It is possible that a question could be considered a “rant”, even if it is formatted correctly. Avoid posting questions that are more about declaring your opinions than seeking knowledge.


When posting jokes or riddles, be sure to format it correctly. A story joke that ends in a punchline is not a question, and therefore in violation. Jokes or riddles that include the punchline are ok if there is a knowledge-seeking purpose to them, i.e. ';Would this be a good joke to tell coworkers?'; Just make sure the joke itself doesn't violate other parts of the guidelines.


“Fill in the blank” and ';pop quiz'; questions are not considered questions and are considered violations of the Q%26amp;A format.


“Yes” or “no” answers are OK, but only if the question calls for a “yes” or “no” answer.
Actually it is against the guidelines and I do apologize for it. It concerned me (accidentally) and I am embarrassed because I don't usually get involved.


Again, I am sorry. I didn't mean it to turn into a circus.





it is against the guidelines.








**EDIT KATE....no I sure wasn't. wish I could have seen it coming, though.
I'm not getting involved in that one but I will add this....You can ask a poll question in polls and surveys and if you have a troll who likes to report you, it can be reported and removed. You can appeal but it doesn't matter. A poll question in polls and surveys... removed for *chatting*. Really. I think Yahoo can do whatever they want to.
I'm sure their are rules about it or something, but reading all the funny comments has kept me awake this afternoon at my uneventful job.





I almost feel it caused too many laughs to be considered drama...
aww poor ashely mad because she can't join in the fun! no I'm just kidding but seriously reporting answers isn't that useful unless the answer is really really bad. but if you noticed some of them have been deleted.
They have guidelines about no chatting threads, but lots of people get around that by putting something in a question, even though it turns into a chatting thread anyway.
There are also rules about putting questions into the correct categories too but no one seems to pay attention to that either. Like is this a parenting question? Cliques.
Not as long as there's a question asked.





And this isn't in the correct category. This is a Yahoo Answers section question.





And, it's starting drama. BOO YAH!
rules shules we are rebels! watch out everyone!


i also sometimes chat too. thats another no no but i'm throwing caution to the wind.
Probably. But I have to say this is really quite entertaining. People squabbling with people they've never met! There's nowt queer as folk.





Poor Carrie though! I don't think you were expecting all of this!!
Asking this is starting drama thus, breaking the ';rules';.
What kind of rants?? I rant all the time. I need guidlines. Help?





Just put a question mark?? On everything????
rants and raves are interesting to me!
Rules?! What rules?! Where we're going we don't need rules! Oh wait, wrong reference......
As long as a question is asked, then nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment