Sunday, January 17, 2010

Rant and Rave - Want to walk out on the Job?

So its Saturday and I'm at work. I've already put in 60 hours this week. It seems like there is never light at the end of the tunnel. I hate my job. I hate my boss. I have excema problems because of the stress. I just finished college so I have a degree. Thing is I make good money here. I've been looking for another job but they dont pay the same. The company I work for is growing very fast so there is alot of growing pains that come along with a place like this. BUt there are also lots of opportunities for growth that I wish I wouldnt have to give up. My boss gives a lot of empty promises. I just feel like I hate coming in. I really do. Job makes me feel stupip. Today I feel like I just want to pack my things and leave a resignation on her desk. I dont want to give up but I hate it here. Any advice? I have money saved up and my parents are very supportive so not having money to pay bills is not an issue. I just dont know how I would explain walking out of the job to a future employer.Rant and Rave - Want to walk out on the Job?
If you're that unhappy, you need to quit. There is no reason to be that miserable in a place where you spend such a large chunk of your day-to-day life. Workplace stress can be extremely detrimental to your health (physical, mental and emotional) and can have negative effects on your non-work life (relationships, etc.) No amount of money is worth that. Not only that, but you're doing the company you work for huge disservice, because your unhappiness will show in your attitude and performance. If you just got out of college, then this job is kind of like a rite of passage---everyone has a job they hate and a boss they would rather piss on than work for, it's a part of life. And now that you've reached your breaking point, get ready to close the door and grow from the experience, because now you have a better understanding of what kind of job/boss you want and what you are not willing to settle for again. Find out what truly makes you happy, and the money will follow.


That being said, don't quit in haste! That will only hurt your professional reputation, not your company or boss's. Start looking for another job NOW and as soon as you can, give the standard two weeks. Then on your last day, pour a can of coke into your boss's hard drive, put saran wrap over the toilets in the rest room, and get the hell out of dodge.Rant and Rave - Want to walk out on the Job?
Good luck!!!!

Report Abuse



Oh how I understand where your coming from. I'm in the same boat you are. I wouldn't quit your job until you have another one though. I thought about up and quitting myself acouple times and in the long run it will hurt you. Just do what I do, keep looking for another job and when work starts to get to you just remind yourself your in process of moving on to bigger better things. I know you probably heard this a million times but money isn't everything. What good is having money when your too stressed and sick to enjoy it?





I understand where your coming from about ranting and raving. Its better you get it out of your system this way as oppose as you going off at your job and getting fired. Go talk to a friend and do something you enjoy. Everything will work out fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment