Sunday, January 17, 2010

Why is it that the majority of the people who call you dear or honey, continue to rant and rave at you?

to totally make a lie out of the endearment?Why is it that the majority of the people who call you dear or honey, continue to rant and rave at you?
Listen here dear, how dare you ask such a question! Who do you think you are? You think you're better than me? I'll have you know that in my town I am referred to as the village idgit. Now I don't know what that means but I'm sure its something positive. So listen here honey, don't you speak to me with such a condescending attitude you understand dear!!Why is it that the majority of the people who call you dear or honey, continue to rant and rave at you?
It's all in the delivery, sweetie. :-)
Those 2 words are reserved for my wife......





Come to think of it....I only call my wife by her first name when we argue.





Isn't that strange?
Because, my dear, it's more civilized than saying ';look b*tch...';
because they are condescending you ...
I call everyone baby cakes
I have two endearments reserved for when I'm being mean. I just love irony...=0)
It's sarcasm, hun.





:D and a fine example of it!
because they are patronizing you.
I'm partial to using ';Skippy'; when I'm feeling particularly irritated and sarcastic. I've also used ';Sparky'; and plenty of other little gems.
I'm in showbiz, dear heart, where calling a woman 'darling' and a man by a special invented name--I usually pick 'bold warrior' for no particular reason--is entrenched in my profession. Honestly, I'm not stopping. Sorry if it tears you up, sweetheart.
sarcasm
  • laura mercier
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment